Kidnapers collected N100m ransom for my release – Methodist Prelate | NN NEWS

Date:

Must Read

Judges who once defended honor now collect cars and houses from Wike, govs

Nigeria’s judiciary is facing fresh questions over its independence...

Adebayo blasts Tinubu, says he hopes he is Nigeria’s last embarrassing president

Social Democratic Party presidential candidate Adewole Adebayo has renewed...

Angry youths tear down Tinubu billboard in Damaturu, send 2027 warning to APC

Crowds of angry youths in Damaturu, the capital of...

Prelate of the Methodist Church, His Eminence Samuel Uche, on Tuesday said N100m was paid as ransom before kidnapers released him.

According to him in a press conference in Lagos, the cleric said the monies were arranged in five sacks of N20 million and were raised by the Methodist Church in Nigeria.

He also claimed that neither the Federal or State Government, nor the military or police intervened.

The cleric was kidnapped on Sunday in Abia State but was released on Monday.

The Prelate had been kidnapped alongside two others, the Bishop of Methodist Church, Owerri Diocese and the Prelate’s chaplain.

They were reportedly whisked away at about 2pm on their way from a church programme in Okigwe Imo State to Isuochi in Umu Nneochi Local Government Area of Abia State.

Follow us on social medias platform – Twitters – NN News – NN News Team – Facebook pages/group – NN News – NN News Team – NN News Group

Comment on the article for thoughtful opinions will count. NN News will remove threats, harassments and other violations. If you’re having issues with commenting, please let us know.

spot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Latest News

logo-nn-news-small
Privacy Overview

This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful.