Joint Security Task Force destroy notorious kidnappers’ hideouts in Anambra | NN NEWS

Date:

Must Read

Judges who once defended honor now collect cars and houses from Wike, govs

Nigeria’s judiciary is facing fresh questions over its independence...

Adebayo blasts Tinubu, says he hopes he is Nigeria’s last embarrassing president

Social Democratic Party presidential candidate Adewole Adebayo has renewed...

Angry youths tear down Tinubu billboard in Damaturu, send 2027 warning to APC

Crowds of angry youths in Damaturu, the capital of...

Anambra State Governor Prof. Charles Soludo has said that the State Joint Security Task Force had demolished some hideouts of notorious kidnappers in the state.

Soludo in a statement issued by his Press Secretary, Christian Aburime, on Saturday in Awka, Anambra State Capital said security operatives have raided and destroyed hideouts and buildings harbouring criminals in Oba, Idemili South Local Government Area, on Friday.

According to him, the hideout had earlier been raided recently and exhibits such as a locally made pistol, shrine, charms, concoctions, and Indian hemp, among other incriminating materials were recovered.

Soludo commended the efforts of the State Joint Security Task Force, saying the demolition exercise would serve as a deterrent to other criminals.

According to the governor, it was established that the building demolished was being used as a den for criminal activities.

He said his government would not allow any criminality to reign in the state.

“Henceforth, in line with the law, criminals will have no place in any part of Anambra State. My government is fully determined to ensure that the state is safe for everyone and that people can move freely around without fear or molestation,” he said.

Soludo also commended the cooperation of some people in the state who have been volunteering information, saying that every stranger is suspicious until his or her job is confirmed to be legitimate.The governor re-emphasised that any building being used for any criminal activities will be brought down and confiscated by the government.

He also appealed to the people to be security cautious at all times, stressing that they should always report strangers and criminals operating in their communities to security agencies. (Daily Trust)

Follow us on social medias platform – Twitters – NN News – NN News Team – Facebook pages/group – NN News – NN News Team – NN News Group

Comment on the article for thoughtful opinions will count. NN News will remove threats, harassments and other violations. If you’re having issues with commenting, please let us know.

spot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Latest News

logo-nn-news-small
Privacy Overview

This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful.