Igbos overcrowding Lagos because Obi refused to develop Anambra, says Tinubu

Date:

Must Read

Corruption: They ask how much you’ll pay to see Tinubu

Senator Ali Ndume, Chief Whip of the Nigerian Senate...

Senate confirms Tinubu’s new service chiefs

The Senate on Wednesday confirmed President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s...

Terrorists threaten to bomb National Assembly — Lawmakers cries out to Nigerians

The House of Representatives has raised alarm over threats...

Elections should not be a period where people kill, maim – Dickson

Former Bayelsa State Governor, Seriake Dickson, has called for...

NASS committee approves creation of new state for South-East

Nigeria’s National Assembly Committee on Constitution Review has approved...

All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, says Igbos were migrating to Lagos because the Labour Party’s presidential flagbearer, Peter Obi, failed as governor to develop Anambra State.

“You will have to be labouring under a terrible delusion if you think he will do a better job for this nation than he did for Anambra State.

“What is there to be proud of after Obi left? Obi has nothing to be proud of. Instead Obi moved, left Anambra crying. He moved to Lagos,” Mr Tinubu said at a presidential rally in Ondo on Saturday.

The former Lagos State governor added that, “I’m indeed very sorry. Buyers beware. A salesman selling fake merchandise. Beware of people like Obi.

“The truth of the difference between my leadership and that of Mr Obi lies in one observation. Although Lagos is crowded because of the space left when they migrate to Lagos from Anambra,” Mr Tinubu said.

Speaking further, Mr Tinubu said, “It is a wicked parent like Obi given the opportunity to feed the children but hoard money on his hands when the children starve and go to bed hungry.

“That is Obi wickedness. It is true that the heartless governor will hoard money when there are hungry school children, roads and clinics are in disrepair.”

Popular for being a frugal administrator, Mr Obi anchors his campiagn on transforming Nigeria from a consumption to production country.

Last year, Mr Obi said that some Nigerians were urging Mr Tinubu to contest the presidency despite his apparent ailment because his doles out money.

In few weeks time, the former Anambra governor will contest the presidency against APC’s Bola Tinubu, PDP’s Atiku Abubakar and host of other candidates.

Follow us on social medias platform – Twitters – NN News – NN News Team – Facebook pages/group – NN News – NN News Team – NN News Group. Comment on the article for thoughtful opinions will count. NN News will remove threats, harassments, and other violations. If you’re having issues with commenting, please let us know.

spot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Latest News

logo-nn-news-small
Privacy Overview

This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful.