China deploys six warships to Middle East as Israel steps up Gaza strikes

Date:

Must Read

Corruption: They ask how much you’ll pay to see Tinubu

Senator Ali Ndume, Chief Whip of the Nigerian Senate...

Senate confirms Tinubu’s new service chiefs

The Senate on Wednesday confirmed President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s...

Terrorists threaten to bomb National Assembly — Lawmakers cries out to Nigerians

The House of Representatives has raised alarm over threats...

Elections should not be a period where people kill, maim – Dickson

Former Bayelsa State Governor, Seriake Dickson, has called for...

NASS committee approves creation of new state for South-East

Nigeria’s National Assembly Committee on Constitution Review has approved...

China has reportedly deployed six warships to the Middle East as the conflict between Israel and Hamas has heightened.

It was gathered the Chinese warships left Muscat for an unspecified location on Saturday after partaking in an exercise with the Omani navy.

The development comes after the United States (US) also deployed a powerful arsenal to the Middle East last week.

It was learned that the US sent two aircraft carriers – including the USS Gerald R. Ford and the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower – to the eastern Mediterranean along with planes that could carry out airstrikes.

The US, according to reports, has dispatched more planes to US military bases in the region, including F-15 and F-16 fighter jet squadrons.

The increased military presence in the Middle East reflects concern in Washington that rising tensions in Israel could become an all-out war.

According to the Daily Express US, China’s 44th Naval Escort Task Force – from the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) Eastern Theatre – has been involved in routine operations in the region and spent several days in Oman last week.

The reports noted that the task force includes the Zibo, a guided missile destroyer, the frigate Jingzhou, and the supply ship Qiandaohu – all of which will be stationed in the Middle East as Israel prepares for a ground invasion of Gaza.

Recall that Chinese leader Xi Jinping had last Thursday said only a two-state solution to establish an independent Palestine is the “fundamental way out” of the Israel-Hamas war.

According to China’s state broadcaster CCTV, Xi said: “The top priority now is a ceasefire as soon as possible, to avoid the conflict from expanding or even spiralling out of control and causing a serious humanitarian crisis.”

spot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Latest News

logo-nn-news-small
Privacy Overview

This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful.