Vice Presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP) Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed has said that Governor Nasir El-Rufai’s comment on President Muhammadu Buhari’s flagrant contempt for the Supreme Court order could be regarded as treason.
Speaking at a press conference in Abuja on Friday, Mr Baba-Ahmed said the president is the supreme authority in the country and Mr El-Rufai’s comment which countered the directive of Mr Buhari was inappropriate and unacceptable. He also disclosed that he expects the presidency to have responded decisively to the “treasonable” action of Mr El-Rufai.
Mr El-Rufai yesterday ordered all residents of Kaduna State to continue to accept the old versions of the newly redesigned N1,000, N500, and N200 notes as legal tender, in accordance with the Supreme Court’s directive, which previously ordered the federal government to halt the implementation of the cash swap policy until the outcome of a suit filed by some state governors. The case was most recently postponed until February 22.
Mr Buhari announced Thursday that only the N200 note will be considered legal tender until April 10, defying the Supreme Court’s directive.
Follow us on social medias platform – Twitters – NN News – NN News Team – Facebook pages/group – NN News – NN News Team – NN News Group. Comment on the article for thoughtful opinions will count. NN News will remove threats, harassments, and other violations. If you’re having issues with commenting, please let us know.
