Emefiele begging for plea bargain – AGF Fagbemi alleged

Date:

Must Read

2027: I’m not contesting, says El-Rufai as he welcomes thousands of PDP defectors to ADC

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has stated that...

2027: APC Lagos beg Jonathan not to run ask Nigeria to reject him

The Lagos State chapter of the All Progressives Congress...

Senator Marafa dumps APC, declares Tinubu a ‘use-and-dump’ leader 

Former Zamfara Central Senator Kabiru Garba Marafa, who played...

PDP considering Jonathan, Obi for 2027 presidential ticket – Bauchi Governor

Bauchi State Governor and chairman of the PDP Governors’...

2027: I will contest ADC presidential primary, won’t step down for anyone – Amaechi

Former Rivers State Governor and African Democratic Congress (ADC)...

The Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) and Minister of Justice, Prince Lateef Olasunkanmi Fagbemi, has said that although the suspended governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele sought for plea bargain arrangement with the federal government over a N6.9 billion fraud charges against him, no agreement has been reached.

The FG had instituted a fresh 20 counts procurement fraud charges against Emefiele and a CBN staff member, Sa’adatu Yaro.

But their arraignment has been stalled since August 17 over the illness of a CBN female staff and Emefiele’s move for a plea bargain, THE WHISTLER had earlier gathered.

In a statement on Sunday, the AGF, Lateef Fagbemi SAN, disclosed that the legal team representing Mr. Godwin Emefiele sought a plea bargain.

The Federal Ministry of Justice’s Director of Information, Modupe Ogundoro, however, said the plea bargain arrangement has yet to be reached.

The statement reads in part, “…no such arrangement has been reached with Mr. Godwin Emefiele or his representatives.

“We wish to advise the media and members of the public to kindly disregard the said false report.

“The Office of the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice will continue to take all actions in the interest of the Nigerian public”, the statement said.

spot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Latest News

logo-nn-news-small
Privacy Overview

This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful.