Imo commissioner’s family home razed down by Hoodlums | NN NEWS

Date:

Must Read

2027: I never declared intention to contest for presidency – Baba-Ahmed

The Labour Party’s vice-presidential candidate in the 2023 general...

ADC begins constitution review ahead of 2027 elections

The African Democratic Congress (ADC) has intensified preparations for...

Imo ADC records major boost as Ihedioha leads  wave of defections, raises ₦200m

The African Democratic Congress (ADC) in Imo State on...

ADC appoint Imam, Yesufu to lead nationwide membership revalidation, mobilisation

The African Democratic Congress (ADC) has appointed former two-time...

Jonathan still PDP member, offers boost as party gears up for elections – Turaki

The National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP),...

Imo State Commissioner for Labour, Employment and Productivity, Ford Ozumba family house have been razed by an unidentified hoodlums.

Homes of some other prominent indigenes and serving public officials had also been razed or vandalised. The Awo- Omama country home of the President- General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide, Prof George Obiozor had earlier been raised.

Homes of the Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Cyprian Akaolise, Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Declan Mbadiwe Emelumba and that of Hon Ndodumele Ekene, lawmaker representing the Orsu State constituency in the state House of Assembly were all bombed last year.

It was gathered that the hoodlums had thrown petrol bombs into the expansive family compound in Umuhu Okabia Community in Orsu Local Government Area of the state, razing the structure in it. No life was lost in the incident, however, as members of the Commissioner’s family were not in the house at the time of the incident.

According to him, he was informed that  the arsonists threw petrol bomb into the compound and burnt down his family house.

“We were all in Owerri only to learn this morning that my family house had been burnt down. I was told that the attackers wreaked the havoc in the dead of the night. They threw petrol bombs into the compound.

“What a sad day. My family compound in my village has been razed down by hoodlums last night.”

A source close to the Government House who sought anonymity told Saturday Sun that most of the political associates and appointees of Governor Uzodimma are now living in fear of being attacked especially those from Orlu Zone which has witnessed several attacks in the last two years. He also disclosed that most ogovernment appointees from Orlu Zone have abandoned their country homes for the state capital.

Spokesman of the state Police Command, CSP Michael Abattam could not respond to enquiries on the incident before press time.

Follow us on social medias platform – Twitters – NN News – NN News Team – Facebook pages/group – NN News – NN News Team – NN News Group

Comment on the article for thoughtful opinions will count. NN News will remove threats, harassments and other violations. If you’re having issues with commenting, please let us know.

spot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Latest News

logo-nn-news-small
Privacy Overview

This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful.