One dead as gunmen unleash fresh attack on Benue links bus

Date:

Must Read

2027: I’m not contesting, says El-Rufai as he welcomes thousands of PDP defectors to ADC

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has stated that...

2027: APC Lagos beg Jonathan not to run ask Nigeria to reject him

The Lagos State chapter of the All Progressives Congress...

Senator Marafa dumps APC, declares Tinubu a ‘use-and-dump’ leader 

Former Zamfara Central Senator Kabiru Garba Marafa, who played...

PDP considering Jonathan, Obi for 2027 presidential ticket – Bauchi Governor

Bauchi State Governor and chairman of the PDP Governors’...

2027: I will contest ADC presidential primary, won’t step down for anyone – Amaechi

Former Rivers State Governor and African Democratic Congress (ADC)...

Armed men have, again, attacked a Benue Links bus conveying passengers to Otukpo through Naka road in Gwer West Local Government Area of Benue State.

The police state command confirmed the death of a passenger, while two others who sustained injury during the incident are said to be receiving medical treatment in an undisclosed facility.

“Benue Links vehicle was travelling along Makurdi-NRoad two days ago at about 8 p.m. Some armed men came out of the bush and attacked, and police officers that were nearby intervened.

“They had already injured three persons before the police intervened. They were taken to a hospital where they were receiving medical treatment.

“In the course of being treated, one of them died,” Benue Police spokesperson Catherine Anene confirmed to THE WHISTLER on Saturday.

The recent incident is the third in the past month where unknown armed men waylay Benue Links buses and opened fire on the passengers.

Many have been abducted as well.

On September 18, an attack on a Benue Link bus left no fewer than 11 passengers whisked away by assailants at about 10 p.m. along Ogbokolo-Otukpa road in Okpokpwu LGA of the state.

On September 10, a similar incident occurred along the Ajaokuta-Okene highway after armed men hijacked two Lagos-bound Benue Links buses and abducted at least 28 passengers.

spot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Latest News

logo-nn-news-small
Privacy Overview

This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful.