Spain reduces Nigerian, other African migrants’ entry by nearly 60%

Date:

Must Read

Lamido accuses Tinubu of drug links, fake degree, hidden identity

At a People's Democratic Party (PDP) meeting held on...

2027: I’m not contesting, says El-Rufai as he welcomes thousands of PDP defectors to ADC

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has stated that...

2027: APC Lagos beg Jonathan not to run ask Nigeria to reject him

The Lagos State chapter of the All Progressives Congress...

Senator Marafa dumps APC, declares Tinubu a ‘use-and-dump’ leader 

Former Zamfara Central Senator Kabiru Garba Marafa, who played...

PDP considering Jonathan, Obi for 2027 presidential ticket – Bauchi Governor

Bauchi State Governor and chairman of the PDP Governors’...

Spanish authorities cut down the influx of African migrants by almost 60 per cent, a statement by the nation’s interior minister, Fernando Grande-Marlaska, has revealed.

While visiting the European Border and Coast Guard Agency (Frontex) in Warsaw, Poland, last Friday, the minister urged the agency’s director, Hans Leijtens, to continue collaborating with the Spanish government and its African partners to drive back illegal migrants.

Mr Grande-Marlaska boasted that their collaboration so far had yielded substantial results, noting that Spain recorded a sharp 56.9 per cent decrease in illegal migration, as opposed to the 25.6 per cent recorded in 2022.

“Spain’s experience shows that the best way to deal with this phenomenon is to work with our partners to prevent irregular flows in the countries of origin and transit, based on cooperation, based on mutual trust and sustained in time,” Schengenvisainfo quoted the interior minister as saying. 

He said the majority of the reductions were seen throughout the peninsula’s coasts, as well as in Ceuta, the Canary Islands, and the Balearic Islands—all of which are sites of seaborne entry into the EU.

The minister claimed that since Spain, Cyprus, Greece, and Italy are frequently the first countries illegal immigrants enter, their borders needed to be protected.

“External borders are not only national but European, and given the challenges we face, states of first entry must be supported politically and operationally,” Mr Grande-Marlaska said. (Peoples Gazette)

Follow us on social medias platform – Twitters – NN News – NN News Team – Facebook pages/group – NN News – NN News Team – NN News Group. Comment on the article for thoughtful opinions will count. NN News will remove threats, harassments, and other violations. If you’re having issues with commenting, please let us know.

spot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Latest News

logo-nn-news-small
Privacy Overview

This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful.