Leader of the Rapid Support Forces (RSF), Mohamed Dagola a paramilitary group in Sudan, says his troops will not stop fighting until the country’s army adheres to ceasefire agreements.
Abdel Fattah al-Burhan, Sudan’s military head, and Dagalo have been involved in a violent power struggle that has lasted weeks.
At least 512 people have been killed and 4,193 wounded in the fighting so far. Experts say the real death toll is likely much higher given the lack of hospitals, food, and shelter.
Several ceasefire agreements negotiated by the United States, United Kingdom, United Nations (UN), and other concerned bodies have all been ignored.
RSF had described the army’s non-compliance to the halt as a thirst for war and bloodshed.
Speaking to the BBC on Saturday, Dagalo said his fighters were being “relentlessly” bombed despite the three-day extension of the truce.
He blamed al-Burhan for the violence, saying the RSF had no intentions of destroying Sudan.
