Wike looting Abuja lands to fund Tinubu 2027 campaign – APC Chieftain

Date:

Must Read

2027: I’m not contesting, says El-Rufai as he welcomes thousands of PDP defectors to ADC

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has stated that...

2027: APC Lagos beg Jonathan not to run ask Nigeria to reject him

The Lagos State chapter of the All Progressives Congress...

Senator Marafa dumps APC, declares Tinubu a ‘use-and-dump’ leader 

Former Zamfara Central Senator Kabiru Garba Marafa, who played...

PDP considering Jonathan, Obi for 2027 presidential ticket – Bauchi Governor

Bauchi State Governor and chairman of the PDP Governors’...

2027: I will contest ADC presidential primary, won’t step down for anyone – Amaechi

Former Rivers State Governor and African Democratic Congress (ADC)...

Abuja, Nigeria — Timi Frank, a former deputy national publicity secretary of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), has leveled serious accusations against the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, alleging abuse of office through the illegal allocation of lands to family members, close associates, and political allies.

In a strongly worded statement issued in Abuja on Tuesday, Frank claimed that Wike’s alleged land-grabbing spree is not just an abuse of power, but also part of a broader scheme to raise funds for President Bola Tinubu’s potential 2027 re-election bid despite the fact that Tinubu has yet to officially declare his intent to run for a second term.

Frank said the silence of the President over the allegations is “deeply troubling,” suggesting complicity or, at best, tacit endorsement of Wike’s actions.

“The continued silence of President Tinubu in the face of these weighty allegations is both troubling and unacceptable. If these actions by the FCT minister go unchecked, they will tarnish the President’s image and administration. What does this silence say about your government, Mr. President? Are you, by omission or commission, endorsing these corrupt practices to build patronage and raise funds for the 2027 elections?” Frank asked.

He further described the alleged land allocations as a “national scandal that demands urgent intervention.” Frank alleged that Wike went so far as to revoke land allocated to a foreign embassy, transferring the property to a personal associate an act he labeled a blatant display of impunity.

Frank also took aim at the nation’s anti-corruption and security agencies, including the Nigeria Police Force, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), and the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC), accusing them of turning a blind eye to the allegations.

“The failure of these agencies to act is disturbing. This level of abuse undermines the rule of law and discourages both local and foreign investors. It signals a collapse of accountability in governance,” he said.

He also condemned the National Assembly for failing to carry out its oversight responsibilities, particularly in relation to the FCT.

Drawing comparisons with past corruption cases, Frank referenced the former Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Betta Edu, who was suspended and removed over alleged financial misconduct.

“Mr President, let me remind you that Betta Edu’s case was not as grievous compared to what Wike has done, yet you suspended and sacked her. So why is Wike’s case different despite the public expose’? This clearly shows that you are either a beneficiary of Wike’s land grabbing spree or an accomplice by your refusal to act in the face of public outcry against the heist,” Frank said.

He demanded the immediate resignation of Wike to allow for an independent investigation into what he termed “atrocities” committed by the minister.

Efforts to obtain a reaction from Wike’s spokesperson, Lere Olayinka, were unsuccessful. His phone line was unreachable, and a text message sent to his number remained undelivered as of the time of this report.

Frank’s claims align with earlier reports by Peoples Gazette, which had exclusively revealed how Wike had been allocating lands in the FCT to his close circle of family members, political allies, and cronies.

The allegations, if proven true, could pose a serious credibility challenge to the Tinubu administration, already under scrutiny for transparency and anti-corruption reforms.

spot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Latest News

logo-nn-news-small
Privacy Overview

This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful.