Strike: Ngige did not invite us to any meeting on Thursday — ASUU | NN NEWS

Date:

Must Read

Lamido accuses Tinubu of drug links, fake degree, hidden identity

At a People's Democratic Party (PDP) meeting held on...

2027: I’m not contesting, says El-Rufai as he welcomes thousands of PDP defectors to ADC

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has stated that...

2027: APC Lagos beg Jonathan not to run ask Nigeria to reject him

The Lagos State chapter of the All Progressives Congress...

Senator Marafa dumps APC, declares Tinubu a ‘use-and-dump’ leader 

Former Zamfara Central Senator Kabiru Garba Marafa, who played...

PDP considering Jonathan, Obi for 2027 presidential ticket – Bauchi Governor

Bauchi State Governor and chairman of the PDP Governors’...

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) says the Minister of Labour and Employment Chris Ngige did not invite the union for a meeting.

Ngige had after the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting on Wednesday said he will be meeting with the union to continue discussions about the lingering strike embarked on by ASUU.

But ASUU President Emmanuel Osodeke said the union was not informed about any meeting with the Federal Government.

“We were not invited to any meeting. None of our members was invited. We have a secretariat but we never got any invitation from them,” the ASUU leader said in an interview on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily on Thursday.

“The problem we have with this government, especially with the minister of labour, is that if you can tell the world that you have fixed a meeting which you didn’t, how do you expect us to believe other things you have said?

“He should confirm to the world that he sent an invitation to ASUU for a meeting on Thursday.”

Professor Osodeke asked the labour minister to leave negotiations with the union.

“The minister of labour should leave us to deal with the minister of education. He was the one that made this matter worse to this extent,” he said.

“He was the one that decided to use hunger as a weapon when he said no work no pay.”

ASUU, which embarked on the latest round of strikes since February 14, cited the government’s non-implementation of agreements reached with the union.

Ngige had earlier assured Nigerians that the protracted action will be resolved soon, saying the Federal Government is determined to see public universities reopened.

(Channels TV)

Follow us on social medias platform – Twitters – NN News – NN News Team – Facebook pages/group – NN News – NN News Team – NN News Group

Comment on the article for thoughtful opinions will count. NN News will remove threats, harassments and other violations. If you’re having issues with commenting, please let us know.

spot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Latest News

logo-nn-news-small
Privacy Overview

This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful.